6 Sep 2023
- Fix the damping coefficient at the upper gravity-wave absorbing layer.
13 Apr 2023
- Major enhancement in HTS algorithm, saving overhead
- Improved scalability
30 Jun 2022
- Shin-Hong PBL scheme is available in Real Simulation.
- 3 arc-second geographical data (terrain, landuse, soiltype) will be used for regions with grid spacing shorter than 2km.
- Fixed multi-threading issues in parameterization schemes (scale-aware new Tiedtke, scale-aware Tiedtke, YSU).
6 Jan 2022
- A configuration item is added to HTS workload options of mesh generation jobs to specify the factor for assigning time-step (s/km).
- The formulation of damping coefficient is changed to one that works well over very large resolution variation.
- Fix the relaxation coefficients for the relaxation zone in limited-area simulations for HTS.
11 Nov 2021
- The algorithm that populates green fraction, albedo and snow albedo data to the mesh's static data is enhanced to work well in very high resolution regions.
19 Oct 2021
- Limited-area Real Simulation
- Copy-and-paste function for refinement and limited-area regions in Mesh Specification
- (Update 26 Oct 2021) The Jupyter visualization tools have better memory management.
- The atmospheric model is based on MPAS-A v7.1
13 Jul 2021
- Support specifying the set of output variables for Real Simulation jobs
- FDDA options for Real Simulation jobs
- Limited-area Mesh Generation (Limited-area Real Simulation pending)
- The atmospheric model is based on MPAS-A v7.0
- The meshDensity field of generated mesh is changed to follow that of the generated mesh rather than the target resolutions specified.
- The assignment of time steps to HTS levels is changed to use larger time steps
- Scale-aware convection schemes: new Tiedtke, Tiedtke
9 Dec 2020
- Added the choice of model version
- Added the choice of physics suite and YSU options
6 Nov 2020
- Fixed a bug in processing landmask
- Fixed the update of running status of mesh generation jobs
16 Oct 2020
- Added an experimental Shallow Water Test feature.
- Added PBL scheme options in Real Simulation.
- Fixed wind barb in plot_diag_contour() in the Jupyter visualization system.
- For the Grell-Freitas convection scheme, removed the unnecessary switching off for small cells.
20 Jul 2020
- Added HTS chart and globe in mesh generation report
- Optimized mesh generation by automatically rotating the initial icosahedron before refinement
- Fixed the population of varsso data in the init_atmosphere step
3 Mar 2020
- Revised mesh generation algorithm that improved conformance to finest resolution
7 Jan 2020
- Deleting unwanted jobs and results
25 Nov 2019
- Real simulation
- Result visualization with Jupyter Notebook
- The algorithm for customized mesh generation is changed from JIGSAW-GEO-based to OLAM-based
31 May 2019
- Customized mesh generation